D. Ryan King, Ph.D.
- Johnstone Lab
Ryan King's research focuses on understanding how modest changes in electrolyte levels can have a profound impact on cardiac function, both electrically and mechanically. Through his work, he and fellow researchers are gaining a better understanding that there is no "one size fits all" electrolyte therapy in regards to cardiac function; rather, the intervention needs to be problem-specific. There are instances in which it is more important to preserve electrical function than mechanical function and vice-versa. When these instances arise it's crucial to understand what electrolyte modifications are necessary to achieve the desired results.
- Ph.D., Translational Biology, Medicine, and Health, Virginia Tech
- B.S., Biology ,UNC-Chapel HIll
- Graduate Student Representative, Virginia Tech Board of Visitors, 2019-2020
- Executive Chair, Roanoke Graduate Student Association, 2018-2019
- Fralin Biomedical Research Institute at VTC Commercialization Fellow, 2018-2019
THE JOHNSTONE LAB