Seahorse Real-Time Cell Metabolic Analysis
[Image Source: Agilent]
The Seahorse facility for analysis of oxygen rate and proton efflux rate of live cells is located in Room R2097, 2 Riverside Circle, and is part of the LaMantia Lab.
Aligent Seahorse XFe96 Analyzer
- 96-well plate format accommodates many conditions in a single run, for flexible assay design, dose-response studies, and screening.
- Reports real-time metabolic rates in minutes, without sample extraction or labelling.
- Four-port injection system with automated mixing function, for detection of live-cell responses to substrates, inhibitors, and other compounds in real time.
- High-sensitivity analysis of as few as 5,000 cells per well.
- Precision-controlled heating tray, maintains 16–42°C temperatures (12–20°C above ambient conditions), for compatibility with a variety of sample types.
- Quickly determine dependency of cellular energy production on mitochondrial substrates.
- Generate a metabolic phenotype within one hour.
- Analyze 3D samples such as spheroids and islets.