Archived Hokie Talk: Virginia Tech’s COVID-19 Response: Science and Engineering in Service to Community Health
“Thank you for the invitation for the program this evening . It was very well done. I was surprised when my chat room comment to the panelists – on the great success across disciplines and the need to share with students as an example of not working in silos – was used to close the meeting. One of the greatest challenges a leader faces is connecting the dots across internal and external entities and the team clearly nailed it!”
– Mark Salyer '81, MBA, CPA
Hokies are interested to learn what’s new at Virginia Tech, especially how we are tackling the complex problems to help make communities stronger. HokieTalks are hour-long conversations that give Hokies an exciting insider look at current research that is making a difference. The talks are short and engaging, and attendees are encouraged to ask questions.
You May Also Be Interested In...
Home ItemIn Person Seminar: Mechanisms of Progenitor Dynamics and Neuronal Wiring During Cerebral Cortical Development , home
Jan. 21, 2022, 11:00 a.m. | Eva Anton, Ph.D. | Pioneers in Biomedical Research Seminar Series
Home ItemVirtual Medical Scholar Lecture: The Role of Lipids in Alcoholic Liver Disease Pathogenesis , home
Jan. 21, 2022, 1:00 p.m. | Rotonya M. Carr, M.D. | Timothy A. Johnson Medical Scholar Lecture Series
Home ItemVirtual Seminar: Tumor Intrinsic and Extrinsic Mechanisms Promoting Brain Metastasis , home
Jan. 28, 2022, 11:00 a.m. | Diana Cittelly, Ph.D. | Pioneers in Biomedical Research Seminar Series
Home ItemVirtual Seminar: World's Deepest-Penetration and Fastest Optical Cameras: Photoacoustic Tomography and Compressed Ultrafast Photography , home
Feb. 4, 2022, 11:00 a.m. | Lihong Wang, Ph.D. | Pioneers in Biomedical Research Seminar Series
Home ItemVirtual Public Lecture: The Digital Transformation of Healthcare: (Finally) a Time for Optimism , home
Feb. 10, 2022 5:30 p.m. | Robert M. Wachter, M.D. | Maury Strauss Distinguished Public Lecture | Dr. Wachter is an elected member of the National Academy of Medicine
- Michael Friedlander, vice president for health sciences and technology and executive director of the Fralin Biomedical Research Institute at VTC.
- Carla Finkielstein, associate professor of biological sciences at the Fralin Biomedical Research Institute and College of Science and director of the Virginia Tech Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory
- Harald Sontheimer, professor at the Fralin Biomedical Research Institute and College of Science and director of the Center for Glial Biology in Health, Disease, and Cancer
- Chris Williams, College of Engineering professor of mechanical engineering