Wataru Ito, Ph.D.
- Morozov Lab
Dr. Wataru Ito is interested in decoding the internal language for commutation between the anterior cingulate cortex and the amygdala in health and disease.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University, New York
- Assistant Professor, Institute of Comprehensive Medical Science, Fujita Health University, Nagoya, Japan
- Tokyo Graduate School: Ph.D., Biochemistry
- Tokyo Graduate School: M.S., Biochemistry
- Tokyo University: B.S., Biochemistry
Huang Y, Yoon K, Ko H, Jiao S, Ito W, Wu JY, Yung WH, Lu B, Morozov A. (2016). 5-HT3a Receptors Modulate Hippocampal Gamma Oscillations by Regulating Synchrony of Parvalbumin-Positive Interneurons. Cerebral Cortex 26(2): 576-85.
Ito W, Erisir A, Morozov A. (2015). Observation of Distressed Conspecific as a Model of Emotional Trauma Generates Silent Synapses in the Prefrontal-Amygdala Pathway and Enhances Fear Learning, but Ketamine Abolishes those Effects. Neuropsychopharmacology 40(22): 2536-45.