COVID-19 Update: March 11, 2020
March 11, 2020
As you know the situation surrounding COVID-19 continues to emerge. The President of Virginia Tech sent an announcement to the entire university community outlining university policies. Everyone, please read this.
The Fralin Biomedical Research Institute will also do the following for the next several weeks at least until the end of March.
- Fralin Biomedical Research Institute remains open.
- There will be no public events or gatherings held at the institute with more than 10 people at a time.
- All students, faculty and staff who are sneezing, coughing and/or have a fever or think they may have been exposed to someone who may be COVID-19 positive should stay home and work from home, after notifying your supervisor and working out details of whether you are taking sick leave or may be working from home.
- Individual lab research operations are under the guidance of each lab faculty supervisor so please work with that person to determine how to best go about continuing your responsibilities.
- The safety and health of the students, faculty and staff at the FB remains our primary concern as well as the continued operations of the research and educational enterprises.
- Thanks to everyone for your help and please be safe and exercise good health practices and common sense.
Michael J. Friedlander, Ph.D.
Virginia Tech Vice President for Health Sciences and Technology
Executive Director, Fralin Biomedical Research Institute at VTC
Senior Dean for Research, VTCSOM