COVID-19 Update: March 14, 2020
March 14, 2020
Get Virginia Tech's latest information related to the ongoing outbreak of COVID-19, commonly referred to as coronavirus. Here is operational information from the Vice President for Research and Innovation. Below are messages specific to the Fralin Biomedical Research Institute at VTC.
By now, you have all heard about the various cancellations, postponements and other actions to eliminate/reduce opportunities for spread of COVID-19. By way of summary, listed below are the upcoming events sponsored by the Fralin Biomedical Research Institute that have been cancelled or postponed to date:
CANCELLED: But these lectures are anticipated to be re-scheduled at a future time.
- Brain School – March 16-19
- Pioneers in Biomedical Research seminar - Eric Beyer – March 20
- Central Virginia Chapter Society for Neuroscience Meeting – March 26-27
- Pioneers in Biomedical Research seminar - Adam Matthew Leventhal – April 10
- Maury Strauss Distinguished Public Lecture – Christine Stabell-Benn – April 16
- Pioneers in Biomedical Research speaker – Katherina Akassoglou – April 17
- Timothy Johnson Medical Scholars seminar - W.K. Alfred Yung – April 17
- Pioneers in Biomedical Research seminar - John Laterra – April 24
- Maury Strauss Distinguished Public Lecture – Michael Young – April 30
- Precision Neuroscience Conference – May 20-22 (New dates: May 19-21, 2021)
Michael J. Friedlander, Ph.D.
Virginia Tech Vice President for Health Sciences and Technology
Executive Director, Fralin Biomedical Research Institute at VTC
Senior Dean for Research, VTCSOM